I'm just....so normal

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Out with the old....in with the new

I bit the bullet. It was time.

In 2004, my dad called me up and said a friend was selling their car and did I want to buy it. It was a good car at a great price at the right time. I jumped on it. In May 2004, Hal (Jalepeno) became my first car!


A month after I got him, he started costing me money. I slightly regretted giving up my bus pass, but we got to know each other and he stopped digging into my wallet :) This past year, though, he was up to his initial tricks and began breaking down. These weren't inexpensive fixes either. I was forking out several hundreds of dollars at a time. I knew I'd be looking into a new car in Spring 2007, and I was hoping Hal would hold out. Slowly but surely, he was falling apart and I admit I was afraid to drive him long distances.

To make a long story short, my dad started researching some cars for me, got prices and we went to the dealership just before Christmas. We took a car for a drive and then all of a sudden, I'm filling out papers and becoming the 'owner' of a new car (I'm leasing). I picked up Berry on the 27th and traded my little Hal in. I didn't really believe I was getting a new car until I handed over Hal's keys and got a pair of fancy ones for Berry! I've been making up excuses to go out and run errands just to drive it. It's cute and I love it! Without further delay, here's my new car!


(I need to take a better pic of him. I felt a little embarassed in the lot.)
p.s. Berry's next to a lighter blue version of himself!

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations! Berry is looking mighty cute.

    May you clock many kilometres on your new ride!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

  • Congrats! Very cute!

    Now, can you really call yourself an owner if you're leasing?? You're more like a Berry Renter! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

  • Thanks!

    Shannon, that's why I put 'owner' in ' '. :)

    By Blogger Nicole, at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home