I'm just....so normal

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

21 weeks

I'm 21 weeks pregnant now. I have to admit, it's been harder than I thought it would. I'm pretty convinced that although some women having absolutely glowing and symptom-free pregnancies, the majority of women must have a post-birth amnesia where they forget everything to do it all again. Or women just lie to each other.

I've definitely had great days, but overall, it's been hard.
From week 5-20, I dealt with pretty strong nausea and morning sickness. I lost 11 lbs in the first trimester and am only now back at my pre-pregnancy weight. I used more sick days than I've used combined in the past 5-7 years! Sleeping through the night is a distant memory. Between the discomfort of being locked in 1 or 2 positions without waking up in pain or with numb arms and hands to peeing 3-4 times per night, I don't think I'll get a full night's sleep until this baby grows up and moves out. I'm also dealing with crazy hormones where I cry at commercials or spilling milk or screwing up the pancakes. I feel like there's an alien in my belly and I know I haven't felt anything yet!

But then there's the flip side. We found out we're expecting a little boy. Hearing his little heart beat fills me with warmth. And although he feels like an alien taking over my body, feeling and seeing him move is just unbelievable!

I'm starting to freak about how to handle a newborn and if I'll have maternal instinct kick in. I know things will be fine, but I'm now starting to face the reality we're going to completely turn our lives upside down in a few short months.

I'm sick with a cold and tired, so I think I'll go take another nap. I'll keep you updated. And maybe even post a belly pic soon.

1 Comments:

  • Oh Nic! It's great to hear how things are going with you, even if the news isn't "I spend the day glowing and beaming". One thing you do so well is keep it real and I hope you continue to do so and keep us up to date on things!

    I'm quite excited for you!

    By Anonymous Jummy, at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home