I'm just....so normal

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

2008 - A year in review

01. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Get engaged!

02. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any last year.

03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Shannon had a baby boy. My friend and coworker gave birth in the summer.

04. Did anyone close to you die?
No, knock on wood.

05. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in Canada.

06. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Some peace and quiet from some baggage.

07. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 18th – My 30th birthday
November 23rd, the day S proposed.

08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Settling into family life and being able to balance my career with it.

09. What was your biggest failure?
Letting stress get to me too easily.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I caught every bug E brought home from the day care.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Not sure. S maybe. I watched him grow into being a wonderful father.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
S’ ex-wife.

14.Where did most of your money go?
bills and debt.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting married in 2009!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I’m Yours: Jason Mraz.
No one: Alicia Keyes
Odette: Matthew Good.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?

Happier.
thinner or fatter?
Thinner
richer or poorer?
Poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Work out.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing out about things out of my control.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With S and E, my parents and sister and his parents. So great!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I sure did…every day, more and more.

22. What was your favourite TV program?
Nothing stands out.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.

24. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read much last year. Bad Nicole!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No one new this year.

26. What did you want and get?
Laptop.

27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing!

28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Not sure. Nothing stands out.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went for a few dinners. I turned 30.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less stress.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Business casual and at home, comfy.

32. What kept you sane?
Talking about things.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Watching our tax dollars fly out of our pockets for more elections.

35. Who did you miss?
My parents. I don’t see them as much as I used to.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Ummmm…not sure.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008
Talk about things that bother me.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Hey Midnight. Turn on your lights and roll out your stars.”
Odette, Matthew Good. Great lyrics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home