I'm just....so normal

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Overwhelmed

I feel like my head is spinning. Work, life, money, work, life, wedding, family, tired, work, life, work life. Sigh. I can't wait until the long weekend when work will calm down and I won't feel so stretched. I mean, overall, things are going well in all of those areas. I just feel like things are so busy right now and they're only going to get busier.

We're having a Mother's Day bbq at our house on Saturday with my mom and Steve's mom and dad. I like playing the hostess so it'll be nice to have everyone over.

...I miss my dad though. I don't say it out loud, but I think it so many times in the day. From the little things I want to call and chat with him about to the big conversations. Actually, just knowing I COULD talk to him would suffice. I can't beleive it's almost been 4 months. The closer we get to the wedding, the more anxiety I get about not having him there. My mom will be walking me down the aisle. We're making a donation in his memory in lieu of favours. We're ditching the parent/child dance. I always wanted 2 things when I dreamed of my wedding: a great man to marry me and my dad to walk me down the aisle. Okay...now I'm welling up. This wasn't meant to be a sad post.

On a good note, my dress is in, I've had my first fitting and it fits like a glove! I'm working on some DIY wedding stuff like the photo card box, my veil, and a flip flop basket. I'll post pics when I'm done, for those of you interested in DIY (Jooms) ;)

Alrighty, better get a few things done. Be back soon!

1 Comments:

  • I read this back in May and meant to comment but I didn't.

    I hope thoughts of your dad have been more comforting than sad as you prepare for your wedding day. I am so excited for you!

    And yes, I'd love to see the DIY wedding things you ended up making...so get those pics snapped and posted :)

    By Anonymous Jummy, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home