I'm just....so normal

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Holiday times

I took a week off around the week I'm schedule off, which has been amazing for relaxing and getting some things done. Went home last Tuesday night with my sister to my parents' house. It was great to get there and help with stuff around the house, bake, get last minute shopping done. We found out my dad's uncle passed away Tuesday night so Friday we were in Newmarket at a funeral. It was great to see the extended family, but obviously not for the reason we were there. Ate me an egg salad sandwich at the legion with all the old relatives. Weird.

Saturday was Christmas Eve and we spent it prepping for Christmas Day, which was being celebrated at our house this year. I made up some gingerbread men and I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. I kept saying the "not my gumdrop buttons" line from Shrek. So funny. We made some hysterical looking men. A couple lost limbs in the process, but it was so much fun.

Christmas Day was great. Lots of great food, company, stories and laughs. The typical political and hockey debates ensued and most of us girls glazed over. It was pretty funny. I imagine there are only a few of these left before we start to grow our own families and we branch off.

I was supposed to drive back with my sister Sunday night, but the snow was falling pretty hard and we decided not to risk the drive at night. Bright and early we got up Monday morning to get her to work on time. Poor thing having to work Boxing Day.

I can't believe I still have a week off before I head back to work! I realize I really won't be able to take time off like this until the summer so I'm enjoying every moment of it!

Hope all is well with everyone and that you all are having a great holiday.

1 Comments:

  • I had a great Christmas and I'm glad to read you had a good one too! :)

    Miss itsy just found the cd of her wedding pics that you sent her for me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home