I'm just....so normal

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm a big girl now!

The beauty (not so much) of working contracts was that I was always hesitant to settle down in my apartment. Every 6 months, I was job hunting across the country, trying to find something permanent. As a result, I kept using the futon I got for free 4 years ago and have never decorated.

When I got my permanent position in October, I started to get really excited about the fact that I didn't have to search for jobs or prepare for interviews. I started to look forward to coming off the road so that I could finally decorate my apartment. I have yet to do that, but today I'm at home because my new couch and arm chair are being delivered! I bought furniture! I'm so excited!

Today I'm dismantling the futon (that my sister will now get) and I'm clearing the path for the nice delivery man to bring me my big girl furniture. I can actually settle down and stay put for a while. Yay!

2 Comments:

  • Couch?! Armchair!? Wow! When I did my furniture shopping I tried to get the cheapest stuff I could (Yay Ikea!). The thing is, I think that meant I was still trying to avoid feeling settled. I'm feeling more settled but... Oh, to travel (sigh).

    By Blogger justin, at 11:15 PM  

  • Congrats on moving up in the world! Next thing will be a house of your own!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home