I'm just....so normal

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

busy and happy!

Hi there strangers! I feel like I'm finally lifting my head to breathe in some fresh air. I can't believe how busy things got over the past few months. Shall we recap in bullets (as per usual?)

  • Went to Ottawa on a 'girls' weekend with my mom in June with the $500 via rail gift certificate I received. It was perfect timing as she was going through some health issues and we hadn't ever really had a weekend away together just the two of us. We had a great time shopping in the market, staying at a nice hotel and dining out.
  • In June my sister went through her very first break up and things were stressful and hectic around my apartment as she spent time getting over it. Thankfully, she did.
  • In that time (at the heartbreak hotel as we fondly called my apartment), I discovered culinary wizardry and perfected crepes with warm, fresh berry sauce. Seriously, talking about it now makes me crave some.
  • Took 3 weeks off in July for vacation and it was much needed. Spent days puttering around, day trips, even a trip to the beach. It was such a great time off.
  • August hit and those of you who know me and my job know that August kicks off the busy-ness until December.
  • Training of my team was going well until we hit a snag. I won't go into the details, but it was a frustrating time. Thankfully, I had planned ahead of time and everything worked out for the best.
  • Travel has started and I'm into the 4th week. It's been going well, but I feel like I'm starting to feel too old for it - not the connection with the kids, but how tired I am. This is my last week in Ontario until I head off to the other provinces. Next week I'll be in Montreal, then 2.5 weeks in BC, a 1/2 week in Winnipeg and then I head back out to BC for 3 more weeks. As much as BC sounds great, I know it'll be raining every day and I'm not looking forward to big hair and feeling damp. hah!
  • On a personal note, I started dating a really amazing guy back in August. He makes me incredibly happy and on the weekend, I met his parents. We cooked Thanksgiving dinner. It was great and I look forward to where this could go!
  • Bought myself a new laptop and I'm absolutely loving it! And it doesn't belong to work, which makes it even better! I'm almost done the process of moving all my files over (music was first of course) and then I'll be all set!

Overall, life is busy, but really great. As tired as I am, I can't help but feel I can't get rid of the perma smile on my face! I hope all of you are doing well too!

3 Comments:

  • :D

    By Blogger justin, at 10:36 PM  

  • I'm well, thanks for asking!

    Thanks for the update too...so glad to hear you're doing well ;)!

    I hope mom is ok too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM  

  • Sounds like you've been really busy! And it's good to hear you found yourself an amazing man!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home