I'm just....so normal

Sunday, May 28, 2006

weekend update

This weekend was much more relaxing than I had originally planned and I'm glad it turned out this way. I ended up taking Friday off (lieu time) and ran errands. Saturday night I went to my cousin's 21st birthday party. It was....interesting. He's a city kid and was definitely brought up differently than my mom and dad brought my sister and I up. We're like nuns in direct comparison. I always remember leaving family functions and my parents turning to us in the back seat and saying, "we may have made a lot of mistakes in our lives, but we definitely raised two amazing daughters and did that right. Thank you for being so well-behaved all the time." I think this is why I'm such a rules-oriented person. I never want to offend or get in trouble.
We sat at a table with my dad's cop cousin and his two little girls who had crack running through their blood stream. Whoa did those girls have energy, but they're super bright and very cute. Cop cousin is going to set me up with a guy he knows. Should be interesting.
After the dinner portion, aunt is all excited about the "big surprise." Hmm...turns out she hired a "sexy, but tasteful stripper for her son" I turned to my own mother and said, if you ever do this, we will never talk again. Now I'm not a mother (yet) and I don't know how I'll really feel, but I can't imagine I'll be cool and comfortable enough to hire a skanky hoe for my son. Just me.

Lights dim and in comes the lady of the night. The young friends of my cousin were in their glory. The ladies (various family members and neighbours) were a bit shocked and looked away at the really raunchy parts. My aunt assured us this lady wouldn'tbe taking off clothes. Yah right! She underessed my cousin to boxers and then was herself left in her undies. At that point, my aunt was pissssssed. She was trying to get the lady out of there. My dad thought it was hilarious (aunt is his younger sister). Siblings never change their behaviour :) We busted out of the party soon after all this. Definitely an interesting experience. I can't imagine my 21st birthday party (had I been thrown one) would have been anything like that.

Sunday, slept in, made crepes for breaky, read for while, did nothing much. :) Can't believe it's back to work tomorrow morning.

2 Comments:

  • Uh... Who does that!?!?!? Stripper for your birthday? FROM YOUR MOM?! Man... I don't know what to say.

    Though I can't speak for your sister, I know your parents raised you well. A laudable achievement and goal. I would venture to say that I share a similar desire not to offend which has kept me "playing by the rules".

    Lucky for me, I work from the Jerk book of rules. At least it keeps life interesting. ;)

    By Blogger justin, at 11:20 PM  

  • Gosh! That must have been a very interesting party. That's a bit too liberal of an event to ever happen in my family.

    I can't wait to hear about the set up with Cop cousin's friend :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home