I'm just....so normal

Sunday, February 12, 2006

censored

I don't like feeling censored. Isn't that just part of posting my thoughts online, of all places!?! I've been blogging since 2001 in various places. When I started, I eased in and posted little tidbits of information here and there. As I became more comfortable, I started really putting it out there. I wrote about things I wouldn't dream of posting online now. Then my circle of readers got bigger. More real-life people started reading and I started to keep more thoughts in my head. I only let them read what I wanted them to.

Eventually, I erased it all. All the archives were trashed and I tried to start over. The truth is, I never just let it all hang out after that.

I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable here again, but I'm hesitant to post too much. I want to tell you what's on my mind, but I don't want it falling on the wrong eyes. So here I am....typing away and not really telling you what's really on my mind. What is on my mind is bothering me. Perhaps I'll work out a more cryptic way to tell you about it.....

1 Comments:

  • Nic,

    I understand completely. While I wasn't as straightforward with it, my post today was referencing a similar feeling.

    I guess it comes down to what it is you're trying to acheive with your blog. Is it for you? Is it for our benefit? Is it somewhere to "test the waters" or is it only for completed plans and thoughts? I'm sure you'll find the answer that suits you. If that means you'll express yourself but cryptically over time, then so be it. Embrace it.

    By Blogger justin, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home